While reading the news about the Colorado Theater Shootings, I came across one headline: “Pure Evil”. I got to thinking about that phrase. On the surface, it’s clearly an oxymoron. There’s nothing pure about evil and nothing evil about purity. However, juxtaposed in a word phrase, it adds extra depth to the meaning and the reader gets the author’s point.
During World War II, the Americans and the Allied Forces had a clear understanding that the Nazis were psychopathic maniacs that would stop at nothing to conquer the entire world. They had to be stopped at all costs. Recognizing the “purity of this evil” helped strengthen our resolve and backbone for the long, demanding war. I think today in
, we’ve “evolved” (as President Obama would say) on the subject of evil. Today, we actually have, for lack of a better phrase “impure evil”—or better stated, it’s such a bland shade of grey that we can scant recognize it anymore. The problem is, if you can’t recognize it, you can’t call it out. It is masquerading now under the guise of “compassion” or “good”. May I put forth a hypothesis? This is actually the worst and most sinister kind of evil. It’s a “dishonest” evil. Not only is it still extremely destructive, but it allows the perpetrators to enjoy the added benefit of actually feeling good about themselves while they commit and encourage evil behavior. It elicits and often engages assistance from otherwise “good” but clueless people. Thus the phrase “useful idiots” comes to mind. One must be paying close attention to sniff it out. The best way to steer clear of it is to stick with tried and true guidelines or “moral compasses”. America
I was talking to a lawyer recently about the sorry state of some clients that seek his counsel. After pouring out their legal problems and tales of woe (messy divorces, criminal charges, injuries, legal problems, etc), they ask him why his life seems to be going so smoothly. He simply stated, “I stay on script”. What he meant was that he follows Biblical principles or scripture in his business and personal life. So simple—just follow the script.
We need to apply this logic both personally and nationally.
As a Judeo-Christian nation, our “script” is the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.
As a nation, our “script” is the Constitution. Few people read or understand either of these two extremely important foundational writings. I encourage you to pick up your Bible and start reading it TODAY. Also, re-read the The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution--especially The Bill of Rights (the first 10 amendments to the Constitution).
Any attempt to deviate from these two rock solid foundations will put us in jeopardy both as individuals and as a culture.
In a fascinating, and perhaps not coincidental analogy, there are 10 Amendments to the Constitution in The Bill of Rights, just as there are 10 commandments in the Bible. All ten are being brutally assailed today by the current administration in the name of “doing the right thing”. In a recent speech, President Obama stated the phrase “it’s the right thing to do” EIGHTEEN TIMES. Perhaps he believes if he says this enough, uneducated people will continue to be persuaded. However, our fundamental American rights are being stripped away by governmental infringement in the name of “good” and “right”. By who’s measure marker? Like the frog placed in the pot of cool water, we are slowly being boiled alive. We won’t know the pot is dangerous until it’s too late and our “goose is cooked”—literally. Here are just a few disturbing examples:
1) The 1st Amendment to the Constitution and the 1st of the 10 clauses listed in the Bill of Rights is commonly referred to as the “Freedom of Religion” clause. The recent White House HHS Mandate officially forces people of religious conscience to provide life-killing abortifacients or face steep penalties. To people of faith, this is no different than requiring, like the Nazis, that we place other people in the oven. The penalties in the ObamaTax Health Care plan are so extensive, that there is still no clear consensus on just how much these punitive damages will ultimately be. Some early estimates claim they can be as high as $100 PER DAY, PER EMPLOYEE. That’s $36,500 for each employee, sure to break the backs of every religious organization or business in the country. Still want to claim this is not a threat to religious freedom? Seriously?
2) The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is the “Right to Bear Arms”. With the recent
shootings, it sounds completely “reasonable” and “right” to limit this freedom. This fundamental American right is about to be decimated by the UN ATT Treaty in the name of the “good” which is supposedly public safety. Don’t you find it ironic that the first thing we do when we are in serious physically threatening danger is call 911? We instinctively call someone with a gun to protect us. What happens if the people with the guns are those oppressing us? Pick up a history book and read any chapter since the recorded dawn of mankind. Then come back and tell me how this will never happen here—you’re fooling yourself. Unfortunately, history has shown us that the first way to tyrannize and oppress people is to disarm them. One of Hitler’s earliest menacing acts was to remove guns from the Jewish populace. However horrible and repulsive the massacre in Colorado was, it is still not a justification to give tyrannical control to any government. If someone is bent on doing evil, they will do it with whatever means they get their hands on: a plane, a car, gasoline, etc. Banning guns only assures that law-abiding citizens will not have them. They will still be easily accessible on the black market, just like drugs, for all lawless people. Crazy gunmen kill dozens but tyrannical governments kill millions. Colorado
3) The 3rd Amendment to the Constitution bans the government’s rights to station troops in your home. This can never happen right? However, there are two UN treaties being considered before a Senate committee right now known as CROC and CRPD. They are both too detailed to enumerate in this blog, but please go onto the Internet and read them in their entirety. If put into effect, government will have control over your children (both well and disabled). How else will they enforce TAKING CONTROL OVER YOUR CHILD unless they utilize brute force? Do you anticipate that you will simply hand your child over when they knock on your door? Do you think other Americans will do this with no resistance? Thus…all means of resistance will have to be removed first (see #2). Then, you and the rest of your family, can be herded around like sheep to the slaughter—reminiscent of the Jewish concentration camp round ups.
4) The 4th Amendment to the Constitution bans illegal searches and seizures. This is best described by simply showing you an actual news article by USA Today:
~By Leslie Cauley,
The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told
The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren't suspected of any crime. This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews.
Folks, this is more like the
before the collapse of The “Evil Empire” than of a free republic. How are we standing for this? Oh…I know. We had one terrorist attack and let the government step in to “protect us”. Unfortunately, these “protections” in the hands of a new administration, will more likely be our undoing. Basically, we gave the hen-house key to the fox. USSR
5) The 5th Amendment to the Constitution, has many components but one of them is the Government’s Right of Eminent Domain. Quickly stated, the government has the right, in only very special cases, to purchase privately owned property for the general public good. If your property happens to fall in the perfect place for the new super highway, the government can step in, evaluate the worth of your property and buy you out. Sounds good right? This is very necessary at various times. No real objection here except now, under the current administration, it is on the verge of being abused. Two of the most liberal and “progressive” locations in the country,
Chicago and , are attempting to exercise the right of Eminent Domain to take over properties from banks that have been foreclosed. This was never the concept our founding fathers had for Eminent Domain. The government is not supposed to swoop down like a hawk and take off with the juiciest real estate it can get it hands on in some sort of twisted version of “the public good”. They are not Robin Hood. Let’s call this what it really is—plain old ugly government seizure of private properties. Yes…we can find loads of examples of this in history. Especially in Communist, Marxist takeovers. This is about as UN-AMERICAN as it gets PEOPLE! This is no different then the Communists promising to take from the haves and give to the have nots in some utopian socialistic society. We have history books to check out how BADLY these ideologies have panned out in the past. This is exactly why our Founding Fathers would be turning over in their graves right now over this one. It is VERY reminiscent of the rights of KINGS in a monarchy instead of a republic—the very thing we fought and died to relieve us of in 1776! California
6) In the 6th Amendment to the Constitution, Americans have a right to a Trial by Jury. It doesn’t matter how horrific the crime was—this is one of our American Rights. Recently, President Obama, with one of his infamous Drone strikes, just blew away Americans who happened to be near other Islamic Terrorists. While obviously, I am no fan of people who associate with Islamic Terrorists, I still am very concerned with the PRECEDENT that was set here. Basically, if the President believes you or a family member proposes a threat to the National Security, they can blow you away at whim. No trial, no jury, just one of Obama’s Famous Executive Orders, or should I say “Execution Orders’. Doesn’t affect you right now you say? Just add a pinch of social unrest, another terrorist attack maybe, and you may find yourself on a list of “undesirables”. Now we don’t have to waste all that money getting you a proper trial to hear all the circumstances. Obama just keeps a list in his top desk drawer of who he needs to exterminate. Sounds very Democratic and American, don’t you think?
Well, in the interest of time, I will just give you these examples. There are MANY more disturbing developments in the news. These examples are all READILY AVAILABLE in the press and Internet for you to research. DO YOU BOTHER TO TAKE THE TIME?—or is your head still stuck in FaceBook?
My prayer is that
is still able to differentiate between choosing the “true good” over the “impure evil”. Otherwise, like the horrified movie goers in America , we may suddenly find ourselves to be sitting ducks at the mercy of a madman. Colorado
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
~2 Timothy 3:16
“Human rights can only be assured among a virtuous people. The general government . . . can never be in danger of degenerating into a monarchy, an oligarchy, an aristocracy, or any despotic or oppressive form so long as there is any virtue in the body of the people."~George Washington
Please join in the grassroots movement for a National Day of Repentance: